Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To All My Friends

Hey there my fellow blogosphere inhabitants. I hope 2011 is off to a hot start already. I know it has been bitter sweet for me so far. Sweet because I've been increasing my creative production as well as taking a better attitude toward my job and my stand up work. Bitter because my girlfriend of two years moved back home to Boca Raton just yesterday and I'm already missing her like crazy. It's forcing me to be more extroverted though. I'm making plans with friends and reaching out to others I don't talk to as often anymore. I have a tendency to surround myself with people whenever I feel even the faintest hint of depression in me.

Like I've said already, I've been in a long distance relationship before. That one lasted about eight months and it ended ugly. I lot of that had to do with the fact we had only known each other for a month going into the LDR and the reason for the LDR was we were going to separate colleges. We were both adjusting to a new social scene while simultaneously getting to know each other. So I've had a stigma towards LDRs as a result.

It's different this time. I already know my girlfriend better than I've known any woman. Now I feel a lot like a widower. I sit around my house thinking about all the things I use to do with my girlfriend. I'm trying to pick up new hobbies to fill up the void. This has so far included starting a second blog about movies (which you ought to check out: themovielaier.tumblr.com) and playing online RISK (I'm always down for a match. Give me a call). I assume my lifestyle will now entail going to the movies and going out to dinner by myself. Perhaps I'll just carry around a picture of my girlfriend; telling the hostess that she is my dead wife and today is our wedding anniversary. That's sure to get me a table by the piano player and a complimentary bread basket.

Yes. I'm throwing myself a pity party right now. Yes. I know this is far from being the end of the world. It's not as if she actually died. I know that I will be fine. I write this because very rarely do we tell the people we love most these sort of things when they're still around. I want to let everyone who has every given me a smile that I am forever grateful. To all my friends, family and the women I've dated; I'm thankful to each and everyone of you. Now that I'm done being a weepy bag of pus I'll probably write that joke about my dad feeling up my mom in the hotel room when he thought I was sleeping. Share the love, folks.

My life is full because I know I am loved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment